dhclient binary size

Victoria Risk vicky at isc.org
Fri Sep 30 16:06:17 UTC 2016

The reason we kept DHCP 4.1.x around, after its planned EOL date had passed, was specifically to preserve an option for people who needed a smaller footprint.

All of the support we get for ISC DHCP today is for the server, so that is where we have been focusing our efforts. We do not have any financial support for maintaining or optimizing the client (despite the many devices apparently running the software).

If anyone on the list wants to discuss funding an engineer to work on reducing the client footprint, or funding a client based on Kea, you can contact me off-list at vicky at isc.org.  We are certainly open to it.