Secondary in failover pair does not perform dynamic DNS updates

Matthew Kassawara matthew.kassawara at blinker.com
Wed Apr 5 15:00:16 UTC 2017

If I set "local-state" on the primary peer to "shut_down" (8), the
secondary peer immediately assumes a "local-state" of "partner_down" (4)
and a "partner-state" of "shut_down" (8).

Interestingly, the problem went away after I began testing different
(lower) MCLT values. I also can't reproduce it using the original MCLT
value. I think one or both lease database files gained some cruft during
the initial configuration and testing process that eventually worked itself
out. Additionally, both peers operate normally after purging the lease
database files.

Thanks for the help!