How to avoid multiple DHCP request forward to all Servers?

Niall O'Reilly niall.oreilly at ucd.ie
Thu Apr 6 14:44:58 UTC 2017

Hello

On 6 Apr 2017, at 13:34, priyankrathi wrote:

> Problem Statement:
> While observing the packet capture, I found that the relay agent is
> forwarding the request received from Client1 to both the servers.
> Similarly,
> the request from Client2 is also forwarded to both the servers.

It's not clear to me why you see this as a problem.

> How can we achieve the request coming from Client1 should ONLY be
> forwarded
> to 10.1.1.1 and request from Client2 should be forwarded ONLY to
> 10.1.2.1?

I believe that this approach will simply maximize the burden of future
maintenance.

I would recommend instead that you simply accept that the relay is
operating
correctly and focus instead on configuring your servers so that they
offer
only the addresses you require to clients on the different networks.

Best regards,

Niall O'Reilly