move lease file?

Alexis Lameire alexis.lameire at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 15:51:59 UTC 2017

We have similar use case (update of DHCP server).

According to the DHCPD documentation, I strongly suggest you to not import
leases files. When you see the manual, you have no guarenties that the
lease file is consistent between two version.

In addition, when your leases are attributed, a precheck is made to verify
if the ip is in use, if the ip is used it's marked as abandonned lease and
never checked again. When you are near to the full usage of your pool, the
abandonned leases are recheck and reallowed if ip is free of use. So you
can migrate with an empty lease file.

Regards
Alexis Lameire