Sometimes server / client doesn't honor leasing time

Bob Harold rharolde at umich.edu
Thu Feb 23 17:04:26 UTC 2017

On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 10:18 AM, Roberto De Oliveira <
rcdeoliveira at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone!,
>
> I am writing you because I have a DHCP cluster and sometimes I have a
> weird behavior between server / clients, they don't agree on the lease
> time, I have this configuration on both servers:
> default-lease-time 129600;
> max-lease-time 129600;
> min-lease-time 129600;
>
> And sometimes I have this on dhcpd.leases:
> lease X.X.X.X {
>   starts 2 2016/12/27 13:16:56;
>   ends 2 2016/12/27 14:16:56;
>   tstp 4 2016/12/29 01:46:56;
>   tsfp 2 2016/12/27 10:29:38;
>   cltt 2 2016/12/27 13:16:56;
>   binding state active;
>   next binding state expired;
>   hardware ethernet f4:09:d8:7a:fd:a5;
>   uid "\001\364\011\330z\375\245";
>   client-hostname "android-2003cbf0e82ff81d";
> }
>
> The lease ends an hour later despite of tsfp is equal to *-lease-time.
> What is happening in this cases?.
>
> Thanks in advanced.
>
> --
> Saludos,
> Roberto De Oliveira

In failover, a new lease is given the "maximum client lead time", and then
when it renews it is given the normal lease time.

--
Bob Harold

I cannot give you the acronym, because the "Bell Aliant Content Filtering
Device" filtered my email message saying that was inappropriate language!