Adding via logic multiple devices to a CLASS

Tom Priore tom.priore at gmail.com
Sun Jul 2 21:11:17 UTC 2017

Thanks for the help. I have no way of controlling or predicting the vendor
identifiers.  Anything from that agent.id will end up in the same range.

On Jun 28, 2017 4:49 AM, "Simon Hobson" <dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk> wrote:

Tom Priore <tom.priore at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a dhcpd.conf file thats getting very hard to manage.  Part of the
problem is I'm building alot of classes base on matching MAC address of
remote agent IDs.  Is there a way to make a single class that will multiple
mac matches?

I suspect that subclasses are what you are after. Not sure from looking at
the examples in the man page how it would work with two match clauses (ie
substring(option vendor-class-identifier,0,6) != "docsis" and a MAC
address) as the examples only show a single match on MAC address. I suspect
you might end up with something like :

class "MODEMCLIENT" {
  match concat ( substring(option vendor-class-identifier,0,6), suffix(
option agent.remote-id, 6) )

subclass "MODEMCLIENT" concat("??????", 1:7c:b2:1b:9d:7e:fc) ;

Do you know what the vendor class identifiers are for the devices you are
trying to serve (ie the ?????? above) ? I take it you can't just use the
agent.remote-id on it's own ?