multiple interfaces dhcp relay with domain separation

IMMO WETZEL IMMO.WETZEL at adtran.com
Fri Sep 15 15:16:22 UTC 2017

Hi,

we do have the requirement to start the daemon twice or more to host different relays on the same machine.

Source net on eth1 should be served from Server A and eth2 from Server B. But currently only on daemon is able to run and would always send the relayed discover to all Servers..
Usually not a problem in a controlled environment but it's not. And even we 32 of these different Servers/networks its going to be worse. Also Security is an issue than.

Why not running the daemon twice with defined iu/id/server settings ? Its possible with docker based seperation but why ?

Further more I would suggest to have an exclude list or mode where only per id and iu defined interfaces will be shown in the "not daemon mode" or called debug mode.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With kind regards

Immo Wetzel

Phone: +49 3834 5352 823 | Mobile: +49 151 147 29 225 | Skype: immo_wetzel_adtran
PGP-Fingerprint: 7313 7E88 4E19 AACF 45E9 E74D EFF7 0480 F4CF 6426