Questions about dhcpd.leases file

Klemen Sladic gosturnca at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 21:09:41 UTC 2018

Hi.

I have a script parsing dhcpd.leases file and would like to ask few
questions:

1. What is the difference between dhcpd.leases and dhcpd.leases~ files?
2. My dhcpd.leases parsing script is executed on commit, like:

subnet 192.168.0.0 netmask 255.255.255.0
{
   interface "eth0";
   range 192.168.0.1 192.168.0.100;
   option routers 192.168.0.254;
   on commit {
      execute("/home/user/leases_parse.sh");

Can I assume that dhcpd.leases has already been updated with latest lease
when my script is executed?

3. Is a new lease always appended at the end of dhcpd.leases file?
4. On renew is a new lease block always added at the end or is existing
block updated?

Thank you very much for your comments.

RegK