dhcp failover question

Julie Xu J.Xu at westernsydney.edu.au
Thu Feb 22 01:58:55 UTC 2018

Hi,

I am dreaming to put a large subnet, assume it is 10.1.0.0/20. This is for dynamic range. Not reversed ip.

Assume, I have 4 dhcpd servers. I want put this large subnet for all of them. Can I:

-          Can I give 4 dhcpd servers subnet statement same? Same gateway address, same boardcast address?

-          Can I setup different pool range for every dhcpd server? Average every server has a 1000 dynamic range start with different node number?

-          Can I setup them behind LB?

-          Can I not use LB, but, setup VIP around the 4 server? If so, how can I do it?

Any comments will be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Julie Xu