Shriking ranges that are already in use??

project722 project722 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 18:50:40 UTC 2018

Thanks Simon for the very detailed write up. So, if I am understanding you
correctly, lets say we used 172.16.0.0/25 and set a router address of
172.16.0.1. Next we wanted to shrink that to 172.16.0.0/27. Will I need to
use a secondary router in the option router line in this case? I'm a bit
confused on this part. When would we need to actually use a secondary
router and what would the option line look like? Something like this:

option routers 172.16.0.1 172.16.0.2;

If we do this what determines which router address gets assigned to the
client? ( I'm assuming it can only have one)