Migrate from DHCP 4.3.1 to 4.4.1

Thomas Markwalder tmark at isc.org
Fri Jul 27 10:42:50 UTC 2018

Hello:

Unless you are using LDAP integration, you should be able to simply
update the software.  It would be prudent to make backup copies of your
leasefile(s) and so forth.  It would also be a good idea to read through
the release notes before doing anything. There are have been a lot of
changes since 4.3.1, some of which alter default behavior.  Typically
when we make such changes, we've added some sort of configurable control
to accommodate the original behavior.

If you are using LDAP integration, then you need to read this article:

https://kb.isc.org/article/AA-01462/0/LDAP-and-updating-to-DHCP-4.3.3-or-newer.html

Regards,

Thomas Markwalder
ISC Software Engineering