How to sync a Linux secondary DHCP server?

Thomas Markwalder tmark at isc.org
Tue Jul 31 14:16:56 UTC 2018

Hello Sandra:

Yes. Anything specified via configuration file must be sync'd outside of
ISC DHCP.
Fail over, in ISC DHCP, is based on draft RFC:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-failover-12

It does not call for exchanging information beyond lease and server
state information, and
was written such that any two servers which adhere to it, should be
inter operable.  At least
that was the original intent.

Host reservations are "a policy mechanism" and as such are not governed
by RFCs. Thus they
are entirely specific to DHCP server implementations.

Regards,

Thomas Markwalder
ISC Software Engineering