how to upgrade the failover pair?
a.perov at sura.ru
Thu May 31 07:14:47 UTC 2018
I have two servers running Debian 6.0.5 with ISC DHCP 4.1.1 in a
failover pair. Now I need to upgrade them to the latest Debian 9 which
is shipped with ISC DHCP 4.3.5. Since Debian 6 is too old, the only way
of upgrading is a clean reinstall (which in most cases is better than
sequential upgrade 6 to 7 to 8 to 9).
I have read
and some other articles, but those documents say nothing about the
So the question is: What is the recommended process of _upgrading_ the
The draft plan is as follows:
- stop the secondary;
- turn the primary into partner-down;
- reinstall the secondary;
- wait until the primary reclaims all addresses in all pools;
- stop the primary;
- copy leases file from primary to secondary;
- start the secondary in partner-down mode;
- reinstall the primary;
- turn the secondary into normal mode;
- start the primary.
Is anything wrong here?
Any advices and recommendations are welcome. Thanks.
More information about the dhcp-users