Server only for relayed requests, not broadcasts

Rob Janssen rob at ision.nl.eu.org
Thu Apr 25 07:56:13 UTC 2019

glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au wrote:
> "ignore booting" or "deny booting" are exactly what you want for that subnet, causing the dhcp server to not respond to the requests. The difference between the two is that deny will log the requests, while ignore will not log. Given that it's a
> /21 network I would guess there will be lots of requests and ignore might be a better chioce.
>
> regards,
> -glenn

Thanks!
I think I read somewhere that "ignore" was deprecated and "deny" should be used, but what you write makes sense.

I have added the "ignore booting" and also changed the other two "deny" to "ignore" and it looks like it has stopped logging
DHCPDISCOVER from 00:8c:fa:d6:08:0e via ens192: network 172.22.16.0/21: no free leases
but it still logs
DHCPINFORM from 172.22.18.174 via ens192: not authoritative for subnet 172.22.16.0

Is there any way those can be ignored as well?

Rob