dhcpd with syslong

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Wed Aug 7 11:49:47 UTC 2019

On Wed, 2019-08-07 at 11:56 +0530, Surya Teja wrote:
>  Now I am trying the various log-facility statements available for
> ISC dhcpd, from public forums I get the list like: auth, authpriv,
> cron, daemon, ftp, kern, local0 through local7, lpr, mail, mark,
> news, ntp, security, syslog, user and uucp are supportable but
>
> --->Getting the dhcpd syntax error while using the params(ntp, mark,
> security)
>  [root at test tmp]# dhcpd -t -cf dhcpdserver.conf
> dhcpdTemplate.conf line 2: unknown value
> log-facility mark;
>               ^
> dhcpdTemplate.conf line 2: expecting a parameter or declaration
> log-facility mark;
>                  ^

The facilities "ntp", "mark" and "security" are not valid syslog
facilities on a CentOS 7 server. As "dhcpd.conf" mentions: "Not all of
these facilities are available on all systems, and there may be other
facilities available on other systems.".

Take a look at "man syslog.h" to see the complete list of valid
facilities on your system.

Just use another one, for example one of local0 .. local7.

--
Peter