Failover state changes

kraishak kraishak.edu at gmail.com
Sat Nov 30 03:55:56 UTC 2019

Steven Thanks for response
 This is what exactly happened, When I add the failover to my production
system the peer went into to recovery, recover-wait state for so long time
and peer is not offering the leases which made me panic and   I restore the
old config which is standalone config(no failover) which worked fine for
that time, So I want to do the failover in my sand box environment with
similar config and check the duration

So I got these doubts
Does DHCP Offer IP when the server is in recover, recover-wait state?
How can the time duration be reduced to make them normal -normal in order
not face same issue, If MClt is the deciding parameter can we reduce it to 5
or 10 min will it be suggestible param value

Why are you putting the system into partner-down? You only need to do
this if the partner is actually down. ------>
No the steps I am doing on my test environment is as follows, Added failover
to the primary which is taking so long time, so trying with changing the
parameter value by stopping the dhcpd on failover, delete the lease file and
touch it back and restart dhcpd on the failover, I didn't put any peer into
partner-down state manually I just stop dhcpd on failover and start it back
by deleting and recreating the lease file, not sure whether this process
triggered to make it partner-down

--
Sent from: http://isc-dhcp-users.2343191.n4.nabble.com/