eth0: not responding (recovering)

Bill Shirley bill at c3po.polymerindustries.biz
Thu Oct 10 16:04:46 UTC 2019

I non-failover DHCP server doesn't have any "failover peer" stanza in the /var/log/dhcpd/dhcpd.leases
file.  A working failover lease file has at the top:
failover peer "dhcp-failover" state {
   my state normal at 4 2019/10/10 05:05:04;
   partner state normal at 5 2011/09/02 23:51:25;
}

Try shutting down both the primary and secondary servers, remove the "failover peer" stanza from
both of their lease files, and then bring up the primary *with the failover configuration*.  Ensure it is
handing out leases, then bring up the secondary *with the failover configuration*.  Then check that
all is working correctly.

Bill