DHCP restart with bulk lease data

Surya Teja suryateja042 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 13:33:08 UTC 2019

Hi all,
While performing the tests with dhcperf tool, I also observed one more
lease file getting generated with a random number appending at last of the
file name like
dhcpd.leases.*1571736969 , * I observed this after doing the restart of the
dhcpd service,
Deleted the file and perform the test again, after the second restart it
again created one more random file
 -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 6795717 Oct 23 13:14 *dhcpd.leases*
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4386656 Oct 23 13:06 *dhcpd.leases~*
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2433024 Oct 23 13:15 dhcpd.leases.*1571836505*
What does this file mean ?
I tried online to check about this, but no references where found regarding
the file generated like this
What does this indicates ?

Thanks in Advance