DHCPd using wrong interface

Dan Egli dan at newideatest.site
Sat Dec 19 07:23:58 UTC 2020

I am completely stumped on how to solve this one. I have a machine with
two NICs. It's my gateway machine between my home private LAN and the
internet. The gateway machine has enp0s3 with an address of 10.0.2.15 as
it's world facing address (yes, my ISP wants to run everything through
NAT. Don't ask me why). The LAN address range is `192.168.10.0/24 on
enp0s8.  I configured dhcpd to completely ignore anything coming from
10.0.0.0/8, and I even have enp0s8 listed on the command line (and NOT
enp0s3). Yet when dhcpd tries to send update requests to bind, it keeps
using the 10.0.2.15 address, which bind properly refuses to listen to.
How do I make dhcpd send messages from enp0s8's 192.168.10.2 address vs
the 10.0.2.15 address?

--
Dan Egli
 From my Test Server