How to deny classless clients instead of unknown-clients.

Marcio Merlone marcio.merlone at a1.ind.br
Tue Feb 18 14:30:35 UTC 2020

Hi,

I am running isc-dhcp-server 4.3.5-3ubuntu7.1 and want to deny classless
clients. Have tried "deny unknown-clients" but if I have not a host
declaration then the host is unknown even if it has a subclass declaration.

To illustrate:

class "clsFoo" {
     match pick-first-value (option dhcp-client-identifier, hardware);
}
subnet 192.168.0.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {

pool {
    deny unknown-clients;
    allow members of "clsFoo";
    range 192.168.0.30 192.168.0.200;

subclass "clsFoo" 1:xx:xx:xx:12:34:56;

In such config that clsFoo above gets denied. Is there how to consider a
non-declared subclass an unknown host? Any workaround or other way to do
it besides duplicate all subclass as hosts declarations?

Thanks, best regards.

--
*Marcio Merlone*