Failover Peer Issue with Polycom SoundStation IP 6000 Phone

willieb will.bashlor at btctelcom.net
Wed Nov 18 18:45:08 UTC 2020

>> substring(hardware, 1, 4 = 1:aa:bb:cc)

I'm not sure who owned the lease, but I do believe the class solution will
be a nice workaround. I have 2 questions at the moment:

1.) Regarding the substring statement above, what is the difference in using
"1, 4" or "1, 3"?

2.) The first 6 digits of the mac address (OUI) is the same for all of our
Polycom phones, but it appears the SoundStations we have all use 34 as the
next 2 mac digits. So can we specify 8 digits instead of 6 digits for
matching?

Thanks.

--
Sent from: http://isc-dhcp-users.2343191.n4.nabble.com/