"peer holds all free leases"

Marc Haber mh+dhcp-users at zugschlus.de
Thu Sep 17 11:12:05 UTC 2020

Hi Greg,

thanks for your answer.

On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 10:21:49AM -0700, Gregory Sloop wrote:
> Is it possible you have "host" (or other "global") statements that are connected to a different subnet than the "fixed address" in the host statement?
> [i.e. A host statement that has a fixed address of 10.0.0.1 in a 10.2.0.0/24 network/subnet.]

I believed not, but prompted by your answer I looked into the
configuration and into my logs again for one more time. I found out that
it was not all clients that were denied, but just a bunch of Wifi
clients (Tasmotized Smart Power Plugs) that were SUPPOSED to be in an
entirely different VLAN and have reservations there.

The reason that they were in the wrong VLAN was that my Ubiquiti WiFi
setup had a major glitch the day before and I had to do spontaneous
maintenance, and I had two digits swapped in the VLAN ID.

After this was fixed, everything is fine again now.

With the noise from the DHCP server removed, I was able to identify the
actual problem that prevented my phone from connecting, this is not DHCP
related but another issue in the Ubiquiti stuff.

Thank you for pointing me into the right direction again.

Greetings
Marc