Struggling with classes not work

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Tue Jan 5 12:22:43 UTC 2021

Mark Mc Nicholas <markmcn at section9.ie> wrote:

> Hey Simon,
> Thanks for the suggestion,
> I've just tried a very quick check changing the match statement to " match if vendor-class-identifier = "Mips_boot";"
> however from a very quick glance the result looked the same as the device didn't boot and I saw no log lines "Devboot" on the console.

One other thing to check is EXACTLY what the value is that you are testing for - in particular, look at a hex dump of the packet (or a decoded version of it). I've been caught out with things like trailing nulls, so it's 6 bytes of "value"0x00 not five bytes of "value" and the matching in dhcpd is very precise on this - they don't match.

Simon