Option 82 Sub-option 5

Kraishak Mahtha kraishak.edu at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 11:49:34 UTC 2021

Hi All,

I have been trying to understand the option 82 sub option 5
(agent.link-selection) working prototype, I have been searching in the
forums and many of them suggest as below

class "BD-1Net" { match if(binary-to-ascii(10, 8, ".", option
agent.link-selection) = "192.168.1.0"); }

* shared-network BD-1Net *
* { *
  subnet 192.168.1.0 netmask 255.255.255.0
{
  option routers 192.168.1.1;
  option subnet-mask 255.255.255.0;
pool {
 allow members of "BD-1Net";
 range 192.168.1.101 192.168.1.110;
*}*
I have a doubt of why to add a shared-network line statement in the config
though it has only one subnet, Is it mandatory to add that shared-network
statement?
I tried testing without adding the shared-network statement line and it
works fine, but before I use in my prod I want to know full details,

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks