lease-times in omapi are cryptic

Philippe Maechler plcmaechler at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 14:54:57 UTC 2021

Hello bind-users

Since a while I’m having troubles getting the right lease-time by omapi for
some? maybe all leases…

pmaechler at stageing:/ % /usr/local/bin/omshell

> server 10.20.0.251

> port XXXX

> key omapi_key XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

> connect

obj: <null>

> new lease

obj: lease

> set ip-address = 31.25.123.183

obj: lease

ip-address = 1f:19:7b:b7

> open

obj: lease

ip-address = 1f:19:7b:b7

state = 00:00:00:02

dhcp-client-identifier = 01:e0:91:f5:dc:a1:e1

subnet = 00:00:00:2e

pool = 00:00:00:2f

billing-class = 00:00:00:30

hardware-address = e0:91:f5:dc:a1:e1

hardware-type = 00:00:00:01

ends = "adTf"

starts = "adFV"

tstp = 00:00:00:00

tsfp = 00:00:00:00

atsfp = 00:00:00:00

cltt = "adFV"

flags = 00

circuit = "some stupid string from our access devices"

clhw = "e0:91:f5:dc:a1:e1"

clip = "31.25.123.183"

vendor-class-identifier = "udhcp 0.9.8"

What kinda bothers me is the lease-times ends, starts and cltt

Checking it directly in the leasefile results in

lease 31.25.123.183 {

  starts 1 2021/10/11 14:12:38;

  ends 1 2021/10/11 15:12:38;

  cltt 1 2021/10/11 14:12:38;

  binding state active;

  next binding state free;

  rewind binding state free;

  billing subclass "XXXXX_XXXXXX_XXXXXX_CPE_DHCP" "another stupid string";

  hardware ethernet e0:91:f5:dc:a1:e1;

  uid "\001\340\221\365\334\241\341";

  set remote = "";

  set circuit = "you can guess, again that thing";

  set clhw = "e0:91:f5:dc:a1:e1";

  set clip = "31.25.123.183";

  set vendor-class-identifier = "udhcp 0.9.8";

  option agent.circuit-id "again that stupid string";

}

we have 4 active servers all with their own pools, no failover and no
overlapping pools.

The dhcpd servers in use are running either ISC DHCP Server 4.4.1 or 4.4.2

The client has 4.4.2-P1 installed, only for the omapi binaries

Without further debugging into the version mismatch, it feels like only
“some” lease-times are strange, but not all.

Could this be due to the different versions or is something else "fishy"?

Best regards

Philipp