API to change of configuration at runtime

Roman Mashak roman.mashak at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 16:04:16 UTC 2021

I have isc-dhcpd-4.4.2 installed (built from isc github), its
configuration defines a new option space, its format and sets up
scopes that define values for those options. The server transmits the
data to a client in the DHCP option-43 according to the format:

option space my-space;
option my-space.node-ip code 1 = ip-address;
option my-space.node-name code 2 = text;

class "vendor-classes" {
        match option vendor-class-identifier;
}

subclass "vendor-classes" "my-class" {
        vendor-option-space my-space;
        option my-space.node-ip 10.5.6.7;
        option my-space.node-name "NodeName123";
}

This works well, and the server generates vendor-encapsulated
information and sends it to clients. However, the IP address assigned
in 'option my-space.node-ip' is dynamic and will change.

I've read about OMAPI, but am not sure it can handle my case though,
i.e. changing 'option' statement. It appears that OMAPI can manage
leases, host and group objects but can't access option statements. Am
I mistaken?

I would appreciate any hints or advice!