Question about Option 252 for Web Proxy Auto-Discovery

Glenn Satchell glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au
Fri Sep 10 09:20:41 UTC 2021

Hi Richard,

The definitive answer is in the dhcp-options man page:

     REFERENCE: OPTION STATEMENTS

         The text data type specifies an NVT ASCII string, which must be
enclosed in double quotes - for example, to specify a root-path option,
the syntax would be
         option root-path "10.0.1.4:/var/tmp/rootfs";

and further down that same document

        TEXT

        option new-name code new-code = text ;

        An option whose type is text will encode an ASCII text string.
For example:

        option sql-default-connection-name code 194 = text;
        option sql-default-connection-name "PRODZA";

regards,
Glenn