Unable to find the definition of option_code_hash_lookup( ) function in ISC-DHCP code

Martin Carames Abente martin75carames at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 04:36:49 UTC 2009

I really wouldn't want to say something opposite to what Ted Lemon says.

Only if what he suggests is not good for you try this advice.

And I emphasize... only if what he suggests is not good for you!  :)

It's not that easy.

To find it you need to realize that there are several macros globally used.

The functions you are looking for are not explicitly ( or literaly )
declared.

Instead of looking for the declaration option_code_hash_lookup ( that you
probably will not find )
search the code for the macros ##_lookup or ##hash_lookup.

I don't remember very well now, but you'll find a couple of macros that
declare a bunch of 5 to 8 functions
using a prefix that refers to the object for which you are declaring a new
function.

After you find the (MACRO) function declarations you have to look for the
place where the MACRO is invocated
(or instantiated, whatever is the appropriate term ).

But trying to make it easy for you, if my memory doesn't fail there are only
2 files where that happens:

          src/server/stables.c   and
          src/server/salloc.c

Try that and let me know if you could find it.  Later I could check the code
to tell you precisely what you need.

Other times if you are not lucky you could have 2 different definitions, one
literal and another being in a macro.

Good luck!

       Martin Caramés Abente

Martín Caramés Abente

Sent from Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires, Argentina
Mike Ditka <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/m/mike_ditka.html>  -
"If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given us arms."