dhcpd code changes

David W. Hankins dhankins at isc.org
Wed Nov 11 01:20:13 UTC 2009

This isn't really very topical for dhcp-hackers at .

On Wed, Nov 04, 2009 at 01:45:03PM -0500, Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:
>> 2) to add ranges to mac addresess checking in expressions using ethernet,
>> maybe by introducing < and > in expressions.
>
> Yes, it would be nice to have a full range of inequalities on integers and
> data expressions, and not very hard to add, either.

I think matching a range of mac address can be done rather simply with
concat() and substring() and/or the use of subclasses for non-8-bit
ranges.

--
David W. Hankins	BIND 10 needs more DHCP voices.
Software Engineer		There just aren't enough in our heads.