I'm contact you after trying to install the dhcp-4.0.0-sol8-sparc-local.gz on Solaris 8

Panayiotis Theodorou HTE panayiotis at hte.com.cy
Wed Sep 9 06:52:50 UTC 2009

Dear Sirs,

I'm contact you after trying to install the dhcp-4.0.0-sol8-sparc-local.gz
on Solaris 8 sparc machine without luck. All required packages have been
installed correctly. When I m trying to run the dhcpd , I m getting the
following error message, I also tried to install the latest source code,
downloaded directly from your website , unfortunately after try to
./configure and then make, there are exploited many of error messages.

After installation and when I run the dhcpd , I get error ask for missing
directory or file name on /var/db/ , so I search for it and performed the
following steps in order to go ahead.

 mkdir -p /var/db

 touch /var/db/dhcpd.leases

 touch /etc/dhcpd.conf

 dhcpd -t -cf /etc/dhcpd.conf -lf /var/db/dhcpd.leases

The versions of the packages I used are:

dhcp-4.0.0-sol8-sparc-local.gz

gcc-3.4.6-sol8-sparc-local.gz

openssl-0.9.8k-sol8-sparc-local.gz

Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Server 4.0.0

Copyright 2004-2007 Internet Systems Consortium.

All rights reserved.

For info, please visit http://www.isc.org/sw/dhcp/

Wrote 0 class decls to leases file.

Wrote 0 deleted host decls to leases file.

Wrote 0 new dynamic host decls to leases file.

Wrote 0 leases to leases file.

Error getting interfaces configuration list; Invalid argument

Can't get list of interfaces.

If you did not get this software from ftp.isc.org, please

get the latest from ftp.isc.org and install that before

requesting help.

Can you please let me know what I m doing wrong?

Thank you,

Panayiotis Theodorou
Systems Engineer
Hellenic Technical Entreprises Ltd, 82A Makarios III Ave Suite 201 CY-1077
Nicosia, Cyprus
Phone: +357-22875175 |  Fax: +357-22769225 |  Email: panayiotis at hte.com.cy |
Website: www.hte.com.cy <http://www.hte.com.cy/>
P Please consider the environment. Do you really need to print this email?