ISC DHCP 4.1-ESV-R8 is now available
sar at isc.org
Wed Jan 9 21:19:42 UTC 2013
ISC DHCP 4.1-ESV-R8 is now available for download.
This is the final release of 4.1-ESV-R8, a maintenance release for 4.1-ESV.
A list of the changes in this release has been appended to the end
of this message. For a complete list of changes from any previous
release, please consult the RELNOTES file within the source
distribution, or on our website:
This release, and its OpenPGP-signatures are available now from:
ISC's Release Signing Key can be obtained at:
Changes since 4.1-ESV-R8rc1
Changes since 4.1-ESV-R8b1
- Modify test makefiles to be more similar to standard makefiles
and comment out a currently unused test.
Changes since 4.1-ESV-R7
- Update the memory leakage debug code to work with v6.
- Modify the failover code to handle incorrect peer names
better. Previously the structure holding the name might
have been freed inappropriately in some cases and not
freed in other cases.
- Add a configue option, enable-secs-byteorder, to deal with
clients that do the byte ordering on the secs field incorrectly.
This field should be in network byte order but some clients
get it wrong. When this option is enabled the server will examine
the secs field and if it looks wrong (high byte non zero and low
byte zero) swap the bytes. The default is disabled. This option
is only useful when doing load balancing within failover.
- Fix a set of issues that were discovered via a code inspection
tool. Thanks to Jiri Popelka and Tomas Hozza Red Hat for the logs
- Parsing unquoted base64 strings improved. Parser now properly handles
strings that contain reserved names. [ISC-Bugs #23048]
- Modify the nak_lease function to make some attempts to find a
server-identifier option to use for the NAK. This feature is
enabled by defining SERVER_ID_FOR_NAK in includes/site.h and
currently defaults to disabled.
- The client now passes information about the options it requested
from the server to the script code via environment variables.
These variables are of the form requested_<option_name>=1 with
the option name being the same as used in the new_* and old_*
- Add support for a simple check that the server id in a request message
to a failover peer matches the server id of the server. This support
is enabled by editing the file includes/site.h and uncommenting the
definition for SERVER_ID_CHECK. The option has several restrictions
and issues - please read the comment in the site.h file before
- Tidy up some compiler issues in the debug code.
- Move the dhcpd.conf exmample file to dhcpd.conf.example to avoid
overwriting the dhcpd.conf file when installing a new version of
ISC DHCP. The user will now need to manual copy and edit the
dhcpd.conf file as desired.
- Remove an unused variable to keep compilers happy.
More information about the dhcp-workers