[ANNOUNCE] INN 2.6.2 available
rra at isc.org
Sat Apr 14 23:42:24 UTC 2018
Internet Systems Consortium is pleased to announce that a new bug-fix
release of INN is available at:
The MD5 checksum of this release is:
A PGP signature, signatures of SHA-1, SHA-256, and SHA-512 checksums, and
a patch from 2.6.1 to 2.6.2 are available in the same directory.
This is a bug-fix and minor feature release over 2.6.1. Upgrading an
existing INN 2.6.1 installation is as simple as building INN 2.6.2,
running make update, and restarting innd and related programs.
Many thanks to Julien ÉLIE for preparing this release.
Changes in 2.6.2
* A new *syntaxchecks* parameter has been added in inn.conf. It permits
to control the level of checks performed by innd and nnrpd. Up to
now, only one check can be enabled/disabled: when *laxmid* is
mentioned in the values of this new parameter, INN accepts Message-IDs
that contain ".." in the left part, as well as Message-IDs with two
"@" (such Message-IDs would otherwise be considered as syntactically
invalid). See the inn.conf(5) man page for more details.
The check is disabled by default (*no-laxmid*), which corresponds to
the legacy behaviour of INN 2.6.1 and earlier.
* Use of the ovdb_server helper server is now the default when using the
ovdb overview method, that is to say the default value for the
*readserver* parameter in ovdb.conf is now set to true. It improves
stability and avoids deadlocks, timing issues and corrupted ovdb
* mailpost now removes empty header fields before attempting to post
articles, and keeps trace of them in the X-Mailpost-Empty-Hdrs: newly
generated header field body. Also, mailpost now sanitizes header
fields with regards to empty continuation header lines. Thanks to
Kamil Jonca for these bug reports.
* A new -z parameter has been added to mailpost to mention a list of
header fields to remove from the gated message. Thanks to Dieter
Stussy for the patch.
* Fixed a bug in inews that was rejecting articles containing header
fields whose length exceeded 998 bytes. This limitation is for the
length of a single line of a header field (and not for the length of
the whole header field, as it was wrongly the case).
* Added support for GnuPG's gpg binary (in addition to gpgv) in
pgpverify. Indeed, gpg still validates signatures made with weak
digest algorithms like MD5 whereas gpgv no longer do. Thanks to
Thomas Hochstein for the patch, which permits to validate control
articles for hierarchies that are still using old PGP keys.
* Added similar support for GnuPG's gpg binary in perl-nocem to validate
NoCeM notices from issuers who are still using old PGP keys.
* A few commands listed in the "Control commands to INND" section in
daily Usenet reports were appearing as a mere letter; all of them are
now properly converted to meaningful words.
* The *tlsprotocols* parameter in inn.conf now recognizes the "TLSv1.3"
value (for OpenSSL versions implementing TLS 1.3, that is to say
starting from OpenSSL 1.1.1).
* The buffindexed overview method will now hopefully work properly on
systems with a native page size larger than 16KB.
* Other minor bug fixes and documentation improvements.
INN is discussed on <inn-workers at lists.isc.org>. Please send any bug
reports or patches to that list.
rra at isc.org
More information about the inn-announce