[INN-COMMITTERS] STABLE-2_4 inn/frontends (rnews.c)

Russ Allbery Russ_Allbery at isc.org
Thu Jun 3 23:52:57 UTC 2004

    Date: Thursday, June 3, 2004 @ 23:52:57
  Author: rra
     Tag: STABLE-2_4

Modified: rnews.c

Fix the comments from the last patch.  It's not that rnews is setuid root,
it's that we want to make sure we don't write out spool files as root.  The
normal case is that either rnews has no special privileges at all (and can
only be executed by people already in the news group), or is setuid news
(in which case we do nothing, since there's no need to change the real UID
to the news user).