INN commit: branches/2.4/contrib (README)
Russ_Allbery at isc.org
Tue Nov 21 08:34:34 UTC 2006
Date: Tuesday, November 21, 2006 @ 00:34:34
Various updates for new files and verb tense. Remove ninpaths, which is
now included in the main part of INN. Patch from Julien ?\195?\137LIE.
README | 46 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------------------
1 file changed, 27 insertions(+), 19 deletions(-)
--- README 2006-11-21 08:32:27 UTC (rev 7583)
+++ README 2006-11-21 08:34:34 UTC (rev 7584)
@@ -29,20 +29,24 @@
plain text files. May not work with the storage API without some
changes to use sm.
+ Prints informations about the current state of innfeed's backlog, if
Another version of suck or pullnews that downloads posts from a remote
news server and offers them to the local news server.
- Prints informations about the current state of innfeed's backlog, if
Performs various cleanups on the newsgroups file.
+ Counts the groups in a bunch of Xref records.
Sits in a data stream and delays it by some constant period of time.
@@ -59,9 +63,13 @@
- Scan the news log files and generate a file giving readership counts
+ Scans the news log files and generates a file giving readership counts
by newsgroup. Used by makeexpctl and makestorconf.
+ Performs various cleanups and sanity checks on the history database.
Merges your inn.conf settings with the inn.conf man page to make it
@@ -71,19 +79,24 @@
- Generate an expire.ctl based on what newsgroups are actually read.
+ Generates an expire.ctl based on what newsgroups are actually read.
Uses data generated by findreadgroups. This script will require
editing before being usable for your server.
- Generate a storage.conf file putting frequently read newsgroups into
+ Generates a storage.conf file putting frequently read newsgroups into
timecaf rather than CNFS. Uses data gefnerated by findreadgroups.
This script will require editing before being usable for your server.
+ Creates a CNFS cycbuff; see the comments at the beginning of
+ this script.
- Lock files given on the command line into memory using mlock (only
+ Locks files given on the command line into memory using mlock (only
tested on Solaris). Useful primarily for locking the history files
(history.hash and history.index) into memory on a system with
sufficient memory to speed history lookups in innd. This seems to
@@ -95,21 +108,16 @@
times. Can check the round-trip time and the history lookup time.
See the comments at the beginning of the source for more details.
- Collects and submits Path survey data, used to determine the top
- transit news servers and collect other interesting information about
- Usenet connectivity. The more data is collected, the more accurate
- and interesting the results, so if you have a few moments to set it
- up give it a try. See ninpaths/README for more information; just
- typing make in that directory should be sufficient to build the
Attempts to pull news articles out of CNFS cycbuffs. Useful for
+ Clears a CNFS cycbuff; see the comments at the beginning of
+ this script.
Takes a list of tokens on stdin and respools them, by retrieving the
More information about the inn-committers