INN commit: trunk/samples (filter_innd.py)
rra at isc.org
Sun Feb 7 20:05:39 UTC 2010
Date: Sunday, February 7, 2010 @ 12:05:39
Update the comment of the Python filter sample to mention that
TAKETHIS is taken into account by the message-ID filter.
See commit .
filter_innd.py | 12 +++++-------
1 file changed, 5 insertions(+), 7 deletions(-)
--- filter_innd.py 2010-02-07 19:12:39 UTC (rev 8954)
+++ filter_innd.py 2010-02-07 20:05:39 UTC (rev 8955)
@@ -146,15 +146,13 @@
def filter_messageid(self, msgid):
"""Filter articles just by their Message-IDs.
- This method interacts with the IHAVE and CHECK NNTP commands.
+ This method interacts with the CHECK, IHAVE and TAKETHIS
+ NNTP commands.
If you return a non-empty string here, the offered article
will be refused before you ever have to waste any bandwidth
- looking at it (make sure that such a message is properly
- encoded in UTF-8 so as to comply with the NNTP protocol).
- This is not foolproof, so you should do your ID checks both
- here and in filter_art. (TAKETHIS does not offer the ID
- for examination, and a TAKETHIS isn't always preceded
- by a CHECK.)
+ looking at it (unless TAKETHIS is used before an earlier CHECK).
+ Make sure that such a message is properly encoded in UTF-8
+ so as to comply with the NNTP protocol.
return "" # Deactivate the samples.
More information about the inn-committers