Overview space needs?

N niels at bakker.net
Wed Aug 25 00:05:59 UTC 1999

Katsuhiro Kondou wrote:

>> I was wondering what article/overview ratio people are seeing
>> with 2.3 (both traditional and buffindex)?
> As I wrote before, it's about 800MB for 1.5M arts.  This is
> buffindexed, but I don't think it's so different for
> tradindexed.

8923223 articles according to expire in innreport.  This will almost
double as other CNFS buffers start to fill up.

$ df /usr/local/news/spool/overview
Filesystem       1K-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/vinum/news   34599934  4216868 26923073    14%    /news/ov

Unrelated question: is there an easy way to convert a token suitable for
sm into a text string detailing what cycbuff it actually resides in?
Sort of an `smdecode' utility.  If the answer is no I'll use the source.

TIA,

	-- Niels.