grephistory?

meow meowing at banet.net
Wed Aug 25 07:18:42 UTC 1999

In nnmh:inn-workers, George Lindholm <lindholm at ucs.ubc.ca> wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Aug 1999, Katsuhiro Kondou wrote:

>> The token is different.

> I realize that. Why are they different? They are supposed to be the same
> since they from the same source.

If you sort your history file, you'll likely find lots of duplicate
hashes.  Tagged-hash indexing is b0rken.  Articles come in, get
properly written to the history text and filed away, but they don't
show up in a dbz query.  So, the article gets offered again, and is
accepted again, but this time time indexing happens to work, and there
you are.