pb compiling on HP-UX

Heath Kehoe hakehoe at norand.com
Thu Dec 2 17:58:59 UTC 1999

You should never have to define _KERNEL.  The proper define is
-D_HPUX_SOURCE

I don't know what effect gcc has in this case, since I don't use
it with HP/UX.  Perhaps if you have an old gcc you might have
better results with a newer version.

By the way, you should seriously consider upgrading your HP/UX
to 10.20.  This is the first version that is certified to be
year 2000 ready.

--Heath