incoming.conf vs readers.conf

Katsuhiro Kondou kondou at nec.co.jp
Mon Dec 13 04:47:05 UTC 1999

In article <Pine.LNX.4.10.9912101214370.12626-100000 at amf04060.office.wxs.nl>,
	Elena Samsonova <E.Samsonova at planetinternet.nl> wrote;

} I found experimentally that in a distributed system when you want to have
} your reader connect to the feeder to forward user postings, you should
} specify the reader in the feeder's incoming.conf.  On the other hand, when
} you want your reader to spool the articles first and then use rnews to
} send them over to the feeder, you need to add the reader to the feeder's
} readers.conf.
}
} Is this supposed to be this way, and if yes, then why?  Or is it just
} something weird about my own setup?

I may misunderstand your situation, but I think that's true
for inn.  Either rnews or nnrpd hands articles to innd thru
'ihave' not 'post'.  This does not depend on where innd is
or innd's mode(slave or not).
--
Katsuhiro Kondou