weird problems

Isaac D. Kishk zippo at io.com
Fri Dec 17 01:26:10 UTC 1999

I'm using 2.3 w/ cnfs and buffindexed.  Its running on a dual ppro200.

I've come across a problem I can not find any mention of anywhere
and has baffled many of us.

Dec 15 22:35:05 hiram innd: buffindexed: ovsetcurindexblock could not get ovbuff
 block for backward, 34
Dec 15 22:35:05 hiram innd: buffindexed: could not set current index
Dec 15 22:35:05 hiram innd: buffindexed: could not add overview for 'austin.gene
ral'

This causes my netscape reader to answer with:

An error occured with the news server.  If you are unable to connect again,
contact the administrator for this server.

I've tried makedbz -s `wc -l history`, but this didnt fix anything.

I have also noticed strange things like posts to alt.x.y showing up in
comp.b.a without any refrences to comp.b.a.

I think the overview is just messed up.. help?

--
   `-----o-~'--`~-.   IDK5  --  IDK5-ARIN