docs question

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Mon Dec 20 23:56:11 UTC 1999

Heath Kehoe <hakehoe at norand.com> writes:

> I've been writing documentation for OVDB, and I have some changes that
> need to be made to the inn.conf.pod and install.pod files.  The hacking
> file says the pod files are the master source, but I see that the
> inn.conf.5 file has a Revision Log in it; and if I pod2roff inn.conf.pod
> into inn.conf.5, that log will disappear.  Am I going to have to modify
> the 'roff version by hand in parallel with the .pod?

No, the only reason why it has a revision log is because I think the
version currently in the tree was generated with an older version of
pod2man than the one that comes with podlators (which is also why some of
the highlighting is broken), and that version of pod2man puts $Log$
keywords in by default for some reason.  Feel free to regenerate the nroff
from the POD and replace the existing man page.