Best newfs under FreeBSD?

Robert J. Adams radams at siscom.net
Thu Dec 23 22:16:05 UTC 1999

Hello all,

We are building a new INN cnfs box using 50gig barracudas.. I was wondering
what the best newfs options would be since this is going to have one large
file per drive, I assume I don't need many inodes? I was thinking something
along the lines of:

newfs -b 65536 -m 0 -f 32768 /dev/blah

Does the above look ok? Will it have any performance issues since it will be
"optimized" for space and not time?

One other question, if I add additional space, do I just:

1) Make the buffer
2) add it to cycbuff.conf
3) restart INN

Will inn automatically start using the new space?

-j

---
Robert J. Adams radams at siscom.net http://www.siscom.net
Looking to outsource news? http://www.newshosting.com
SISCOM Network Administration - President, SISCOM Inc.
Phone: 937-222-8150 FAX: 937-222-8153