Posting

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Mon Dec 27 18:54:22 UTC 1999

Richard Couture <rrc at myrddin.imat.com> writes:

> The reason that it spooled first is that I set
> nnrpdposthost:
> nnrpdpostport:          119
> spoolfirst:             true
> in the inn.conf, I can certainly change that back to not spool first.

Ah, okay.  I didn't realize it was intentional.

> best/news1.best.com\
>       :!*,!control,alt.activism.death-penalty,\
> 	alt.audio.pro.live-sound,\
> 	.
> 	.
> 	.
>   	tlg.*,\
> 	tx.politics*,\
>     	to.best\
>       :Tm:innfeed!

> What do I change to tell things to go to best as well as to my local
> news spool when articles are poster from news readers??

I don't see anything wrong with what you have (although I wouldn't use the
ME feed entry as it tends to be confusing).  I assume that the article was
posted to a group that matches the feed pattern you have for your outgoing
best feed?

Have you checked news.notice and seen if innfeed is having any trouble
feeding?

Note that because you're using innfeed, you won't see any sort of outgoing
batch show up in the outgoing directory; innfeed will instead send out the
article immediately.