rnews: cant freopen No such file or directory

Sylvain Robitaille syl at alcor.concordia.ca
Thu Dec 30 20:28:29 UTC 1999

David Lawrence wrote:

> Is UUCP running on your machine?

No.

> Is it possible that someone is sending you uucp batches that uux is
> trying to pass through rnews on stdin?

No, but I suspect that *something* is trying to hand something to rnews
on stdin... :-(

(thanks to those taking the time to think about this, and I apologize
for taking so long to respond. This situation persists, though it seems
that more recently the number of such messages has reduced. Whatever it
is, it's happening less frequently, or seems to be...)

Sylvain Robitaille                              syl at alcor.concordia.ca

Systems analyst                                   Concordia University
Instructional & Information Technology        Montreal, Quebec, Canada