ctlinnd flushlogs shouldn't rename logfiles

Matus "fantomas" Uhlar uhlar at fantomas.sk
Tue Jul 27 14:40:47 UTC 1999

-> In article <19990727135441.A27718 at fantomas.fantomas.sk>,
-> 	"Matus \"fantomas\" Uhlar" <uhlar at fantomas.sk> wrote;
->
-> } Renaming of logfiles can be easyly done by script which will send flushlogs
-> } command etc. I don't need innd to rename logfiles. I have _much_ better way
-> } of doing it. So I made little patch to innd.c not to do it.
->
-> I don't know how your scripts runs, but I suspect you cannot
-> get correct log without renaming, since innd reopens the same
-> log file just after that.

yes, my script renames the logfile , compresses old etc etc. when innd
reopens logfiles, they are created again and .0 versions already exist
--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, sysadmin at Telenor Internet Kosice, Slovakia
 BIC coord for *.sk; admin of netlab.irc.sk; co-admin of irc.felk.cvut.cz