Controlled Newsgroups.

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Mon Nov 15 08:35:38 UTC 1999

Steve Mertz <stevem at kwantlen.bc.ca> writes:

> I am setting up a local news server.  And I was wondering if it's
> possible to setup some newsgroups that are open to everyone.  And others
> that are only open to people with local accounts on that server?

Sure, that's fairly straightforward by using the newsgroup restrictions in
either nnrp.access or readers.conf, depending on the version of INN that
you're running (readers.conf in the current development code, nnrp.access
in everything else).  See the man pages for more details and let us know
if the man pages aren't clear.