* INN-2.3 radius patch saggest ***

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Mon Nov 29 01:47:14 UTC 1999

Yury B Razbegin <yur at simtel.ru> writes:

>   I suggest patch for INN-2.3 raduis authentification programm with
>   next features:
>   1. FreeBSD 3.X system library MD5 bug fixed into authprog/Makefile.

This had been previously fixed.

>   2. NAS_IP_ADDR & NAS_PORT attribute fields filling included into
>      request. It is necessary for right request processing by radius
>      server.
>   3. Default radius-client configuration file added into etc/
>      subdirectory. It made by include/paths.h.in & site/Makefile patching.

I've committed the above changes with the following modifications:

 * Added more documentation and detail in radius.conf, commented out the
   host-specific options in the sample file, and set it up to install as
   radius.conf (rather than radius.conf.proto).

 * Removed the #ifdef maze in radius.conf to handle making a configuration
   file optional; I think it's better to just assume there will be a
   configuration file and install a sample one by default.  It makes the
   code a lot cleaner.

Thank you very much!

For people already using the RADIUS authentication with current snapshots
who aren't using the -f option, you'll need to set up a radius.conf in
pathetc.