Weirdness with Perl callbacks

Jeremy jeremy at exit109.com
Mon Nov 29 12:34:26 UTC 1999

On Sun, Nov 28, 1999 at 06:40:00PM -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:

> What version of INN are you using?

STABLE snapshot from 21 November.

> Second, you're testing whether the syslog element of the %INN:: hash is
> defined at run-time, but Perl is going to try to compile the subroutine
> call at compile time.

Duh.  Yes.  Duh. :(

> I'm also not sure you're checking what you want to check with that defined
> call; I'd tend to try calling defined on &INN::syslog instead.

Hmm.  I tried that first and it never succeeded.  Of course, I just tried
it again and it seems to work.  Foo.

> I'll try to get all of the callbacks defined before any filter code is
> loaded when I do that.

That would be nice.  Of course, I'll still have to work around it for older
versions, but not having them at startup time turns out to be a little
problematic.

-Jeremy