Proposed samples cleanup

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Mon Nov 1 09:21:56 UTC 1999

Russ Allbery <rra at Stanford.EDU> writes:

> I propose the following breakup/reorganization of the samples directory,
> so that make update will update things that probably have not been
> locally modified ("INN-maintained" things).

This has now hit the tree with a large thudding noise.  :)  make install
succeeds for me, but it's possible or even likely that there will be
problems, as this was a rather major reorganization.

In the interests of keeping things as simple as possible and doing things
in steps, this was just a simple file move, plus the supporting Makefile
changes.  All of the scripts are still configure subst victims.  The next
phase is to put fixscript in the tree and then start putting the scripts
in the right format for it and making sure that all variables determined
at configure time are put in innshellvars* and not into individual
scripts.  I'm going to start working on that now, and at the same time
will be evacuating some stuff out of the root directory into the new
support directory to try to reduce the general clutter.