allocation failure tracked down

Katsuhiro Kondou kondou at nec.co.jp
Wed Nov 3 11:09:15 UTC 1999

In article <199911030615.BAA29879 at chaos.ao.net>,
	Dan Merillat <harik at chaos.ao.net> wrote;

} This is, of course, a corrupt line, but it kills buffindexed.

Yes, that will.

} Is there a good technical discussion of buffindxed?  I'm trying to figure
} out why it needs so much room in this case.

Current buffindexed basically keeps rooms for all index
between low and high mark even if intermediate articles
do not exist.  This is because trying to gain fast
performance when reading overview data.  But I think this
will lead a disadvantage that may consume huge space for
unused article indices.  I'll try to fix after implementing
newsgroup based expiry.
--
Katsuhiro Kondou